Cool Causes to Support During the Holidays
The holidays are here! Woohoo. In between frosting the windows and hugging your friends and family, you might want to consider giving to some cool causes. There are so many causes to support, and each company has their favorites. If you’re scratching your head about who to support this year, check out some of our favorite tech, arts, and local causes this year.
- Wikipedia runs without advertisements, and as a non-profit, they rely on donations to keep going.
- Child’s Play What? A company that donates video games to children in hospitals and domestic violence centers. We’re for it!
- Barefoot College works with marginalized women in order to provide opportunities that will improve their education, self-respect, and lives.
- Big Dream Movement although there isn’t a spot to donate, you can email the Big Dream Movement to see how you can get involved. The Big Dream Movement supports girls breaking into STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), and they back it with Big Dream, a documentary that follows the lives of young woman interested in STEM.
- Coders 4 Charities is awesome. They pair coders with causes that need coders. It’s simple, it’s awesome, and it is a good cause. What more could you want?
- Common Sense is a cool company based in San Francisco that is spreading unbiased tech knowledge to kids, schools, and families.
- DAPCEP provides educational programming to underrepresented kids in Michigan.
- Public Art Fund is an NYC-based non-profit that brings free installations to New York City.
- Charity Water provides safe drinking water to people in need.
- World Wildlife Fund has a mission to conserve global resources and protect endangered species.
- Sierra Club has a large mission: to protect the planet by leading a variety of programs dedicated to eliminating pollution, protecting wilderness and parks, and by supporting adventurers everywhere.
- Coral Reef Alliance improves reef management, reduces threats to reefs, and ensures sustainable tourism.
- Arts Partners is another Wichita-based non-profit with a big heart. Their goal is to create a partnership between schools, artists, and local cultural organizations so children can receive a fuller arts education.
- The Kansas Food Bank provides compassionate care to people in Kansas.