This article in the WSJ is about the diminishing number of advertisers in major printed publications. Specifically this article is about fashion mags, but we’d bet the trend runs pretty true across the board. Which ones of these reasons make the most sense to you?
- The pending/current recession.
- The erosion of print media due to online competition
- The erosion of print media due to environmental concerns
- The decreasing overall effectiveness of traditional media forms
- The increasing findability and usefulness of online search allowing products to be found organically
All of these? We think so too.